Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Chris Wallace nobly sacrifices his career on the altar of Journalism Past

Kudos to Wallace for being an old school journalist - asking tough questions of both sides (unlike the "journalists" who moderated the first two debates).  It is a magnificent gesture of a dead age, like the charge of the Light Brigade, or the Union charges at Fredericksburg.

I wonder what the over/under is on the length of his career after this.  My guess is that it's measured in days (maybe hours).  The rest of his so-called profession will crucify him for this, because he didn't change the strike zone based on which side was batting.

But it was a great display of what was best about Journalism, back when it was alive and thriving in this Republic.

3 comments:

LSP said...

Agreed.

SiGraybeard said...

I don't know. I didn't watch the debate, but I've seen both sides of the debate praising him. The left usually tried to minimize the praise with "even though he works for Fox News", but everyone seems to think he "done good".

Borepatch said...

Si Graybeard, I'm pretty harsh on the media here, but Wallace seemed to play it straight last night. I only watched the first hour, but he asked tough questions of both sides.

Probably the first tough questions Hillary had to answer the whole campaign.